What is Integrative Health Coaching?
Are there health behavior changes that you’ve wanted to make but either haven’t known how or haven’t been successful in the past? Has a new health concern arisen that you want to pay particular attention to? Health coaching effectively motivates and supports health behavior change through a structured partnership between the client and coach. A coach is like a “personal trainer” except the focus will be on your whole self. The coach helps the client develop and realize their optimal health vision through inquiry, personal discovery and accountability.
Why is it effective in helping people realize their optimal health?
- Coaches work with the whole person. They listen to your concerns and ask powerful questions to help motivate you to make the changes you desire.
- Coaches spend time exploring what is most important to you in your health and allow you to choose your course of action.
- Coaches guide you through a process to maximize the possibility of your success.
- You and your coach work in partnership to identify obstacles to change and create strategies for moving forward toward your goals.
- Coaches support you in tracking your weekly progress and hold you accountable for your commitments.
- Coaches provide additional resources for making healthy behavior changes.
What are appropriate topics for health coaching?
The coaching relationship is unique. The coach and the client form a partnership to better equip you to realize your optimal health vision based on your own goals and values. Any concern that gets in the way of taking care of your optimal health is the perfect subject with which to begin coaching. Therefore, any topic you want to bring up that you think will contribute to your optimal health is an appropriate topic for Integrative Health Coaching.
Angie Phares, Integrative Health Coach
Angie is certified in Integrative Health Coaching with Duke University. Her background as a Physician Assistant with a degree from Baylor College of Medicine in 2001 as well as yoga instructor certification from the Himalayan Institute in 2013 complement the health coaching process.
- Health Coaching is best performed over a period of 3-6 months on a consistent basis, usually in six to eight sessions. These can occur in person or over the phone.
- Coaching may be combined with private mindfulness and/or yoga sessions.
- Visit our fees for service page for prices.
Please complete the form below for a complementary initial consultation.
I loved working with Angie! She was always fully present for the coaching sessions and really listened to me well. She asked powerful questions that helped me create a vision of a healthier version of myself. Her supportive nature helped me move forward toward that goal. Angie is an experienced Health Professional and really lives what she coaches! If you’re looking for a great Health Coach, contact Angie! J.H